Cheste

Cheste

photo by JoaquimNB.cat

Cheste is a town which has been highly regarded by archaeologists since 1864, when in a place called Partida de Zafa, the so-called “treasure of Cheste” were found, an important horde of jewels, gold and silver coins dating from the Iberian period.

A visit can be made to the chapel dedicated to the Valencian St. Vicente Ferrer, in the Plaza del Calvario and to the church of San Lucas which has a svelte baroque bell tower. The old part of town is good for a stroll around the narrow winding streets of Moorish origin.

From Cheste, excursions can be made to the beauty spots of the Hoz and Marjana ravines and to the fountain of La Alhondiga. For the golf enthusiast, the 18-hole El Bosque golf course is close by

Map

Links

The content on this site is protected by copyright. All rights reserved.

Mangolink is owned by Makarikari S.L.